Hi Shanshan,
I am intrigued by your discussion of ā€œsecond handed informationā€ online, I guess it is truly problematic when online information gets updated almost every second. It is really hard for us to keep up with the trend, hence, sometimes, I think second handed information is unavoidable, we never really know when will first hand information becomes the second. When we study online, it is better just to view all information as components of an ongoing conversation, in this way, we donā€™t need to swift out old information and keep only the new information, all information could be useful to our learning. The only evaluation that we need to do when surfing online is to select the most useful information that will benefit our study.

Hello, andrewz
I really like your discussion of educational platforms! I think the forum function on Brightspace is very good, we can just reply to social pod members directly, and we also get instructors to monitor and regulate our discussions, which I think is helpful. But then again, we donā€™t get to see more perspectives like we do in social media platforms.
I never used Chegg, but I know it is a place where we share our thoughts about our assignment. We should be careful of the copyright issues though.

Hello, KAYATCHEUNG
Thank you for your blog, I agree with you on the idea that Twitter is a good platform for education. Perhpas you can exapnd on this notion a bit further, like what function on Twitter makes you feel like it helps educators or students to discuss teaching materials? For me, I think Twitter give me a channel to see how my peers and their PLN communicate. For example, I have a friend who is in NGOs, and I love to check her Twitter account because they share many interesting stuff they did as a non-profit organization, such as musical education for a local Chinese band.