1. How diverse is your PLN?

I think my PLN is not very diverse, most of the people in my PLN have same interests as me. However, I would say my learning enviroment determines the level of diversity in my PLN, I love working with professionals and peers who are from different background.

2.Are you learning from a variety of diverse voices and are you expanding your understanding of the views of others?

My view on diversity changed a lot ever since I watched the Ken Robinson’s (2009) Ted Talk, which was also mentioned in the introduction of “One Without the Other : Stories of Unity Through Diversity and Inclusion”, I really agree with the atatement that “The individuals of the world are not packaged into neat little packages of people organized by age or ability, gender, or language” (Moore&Leyton, 11). So everyone represents diversity. In this view, the level of diversity in PLN is determined by how many people are in my PLN, rather than how many different background they come from. I think collaberation means to share our own perspectives as well as expanding our understanding of the views of others, this is how we learn from a variety of diverse voices. The two elements in collaberation should not be treated seperately.

3.What is learning outcome of your PLN and how are you ensuring your exposure to diversity and inclusion?

I think being open-minded to different perspectives is important in group work. It is unavoidable that individual interests sometimes conficts with others, but stay open-minded keep us expose to diversity and inclusion.