Commenting on Topic 2, Wenzhuo’s post:

I am very impressed by Wenzhuo’s thoughtful blog post, he incorporated two videos that really demonstrated his view point. It is so nice that he also picked E-learning as his Edtech trend to discuss. In fact, his post makes me realize that not only connectivism theory could fit E-learning, constructvism can too.

Here’s what I wrote to Wenzhuo (copied from my email to him)

Dear Wenzhuo,

Thanks for emailing me and proposed to write the peer review for me. I have read your blog post, and I am very impressed about your ideas. First of all, I agree with you that MOOC allows students to see a new possibility of education. Compared to conventional way of teaching, I find myself (just like you), enjoy taking online classes and read online sources. I guess this is because we have different sources to go to when we have problems understanding what teacher says. For example, I found myself confused about Bates (2014) writing on OLC, so I searched videos on OLC and finally understand this learning theory. Technology made education less like a one-way road, we can take different paths to get to the destination we want, and that’s why we are fascinated about open Education. Secondly, I would like to thank you for posting these two videos, I love them very much! Robinson’s video lets me to see the flaws in our current education system, it is as if we are still teaching like we are in the Industrial era. Finally, in order to help with your revising, I would say that maybe write more about how constructvism connects to your videos, and then use your videos to discuss E-learning. All the neccessary points are there in your post, but I think they could be better connected. Please feel free to email me if you have any more questions.

Best,

Tianqi.